You Can’t Polish A Nerd
The science comedy phenomenon are back on tour! Join stand-up mathematician Matt Parker, TV experiments maestro Steve Mould and award-winning geek songstress Helen Arney at the ultimate show for nerds and non-nerds.
More 2018 dates to be announced! Join the mailing list below to hear about them first.
Already seen the show? Enjoy these links:
- Sign Matt Parker’s petition to correct geometrically impossible roadsigns – click here
- Print your own “Say No To Mathematically Impossible Street Signs” sign – click here
- Play with Aaron Montag’s spherical footage Droste manipulator – click here
- Marvel at mathematician Henry Segerman’s original research into spherical footage manipulation – click here
- Mix sounds in your browser for your laser mirror set-up – click here
- Watch Helen singing all the elements (including the new ones) – click here
- Steve and Helen’s new book “The Element In The Room” is out now – click here
- Our tour-themed badges, magnets and notebooks are available online – click here
Since their last tour, the “resplendently geeky trio” (The Times) have featured on BBC2’s QI, created a genuinely “experimental” comedy show for BBC Radio 4 and played the Hammersmith Apollo with Professor Brian Cox and Robin Ince, while Steve and Helen have written the first Festival of the Spoken Nerd book: The Element In The Room.
You Can’t Polish A Nerd will see Helen, Matt and Steve putting the “oooh” into zoology, the “fun” into fundamental theorem of calculus and the “recursion” into recursion with a veritable Periodic Table of new science, songs, and spherical geometry. Full Frontal Nerdity guaranteed!
This show contains scenes of multiple recursion, and is suitable for ages 14+
“Charm and perky curiosity is in its DNA” Guardian
**** “Great, funny, clever… even the heckles at this terrific show are smart” The Scotsman
**** “The geeks have inherited the earth in a show that’s smart and funny” The Skinny
**** “Fantastic and funny… you don’t need to be a ‘nerd’ to enjoy this show” Broadway Baby
**** “Gleefully geeky… impossible to resist, whatever your level of scientific knowledge” Edinburgh Reporter
Don’t forget to goin our mailing list to hear about extra shows before anyone else.Buy Tickets