You Can’t Polish A Nerd
The science comedy phenomenon are back with a veritable Periodic Table of science, songs and spherical geometry in their new show – available now on DVD and download. Join stand-up mathematician Matt Parker, TV experiments maestro Steve Mould and award-winning geek songstress Helen Arney at the ultimate show for nerds and non-nerds.
Already seen the show or bought your copy? Enjoy these links:
- Our new range of t-shirts, badges, magnets and notebooks are available now – click here
- Play with Aaron Montag’s spherical footage Droste manipulator – click here
- Marvel at mathematician Henry Segerman’s original research into spherical footage manipulation – click here
- Mix sounds in your browser for your laser mirror set-up – click here
- Watch Helen singing all the elements (including the new ones) – click here
- Steve and Helen’s banana-fuelled book “The Element In The Room” is out now – click here
- Read Matt Parker’s petition to correct geometrically impossible roadsigns – click here
- Print your own “Say No To Mathematically Impossible Street Signs” sign – click here
- The LIGO paper that inspired Steve’s gravitational waves demo – click here
- Enjoy “Artful Mathematics” featuring the art of MC Escher – click here
Since their last tour, the “resplendently geeky trio” (The Times) have featured on BBC2’s QI, created a genuinely “experimental” comedy show for BBC Radio 4 and played the Royal Albert Hall with Robin Ince and astronaut Commander Chris Hadfield, while Steve and Helen have written the first Festival of the Spoken Nerd book: The Element In The Room.
You Can’t Polish A Nerd sees Helen, Matt and Steve putting the “oooh” into zoology, the “fun” into fundamental theorem of calculus and the “recursion” into recursion. Full Frontal Nerdity guaranteed!
“Charm and perky curiosity is in its DNA” Guardian
**** “Great, funny, clever… even the heckles at this terrific show are smart” The Scotsman
**** “The geeks have inherited the earth in a show that’s smart and funny” The Skinny
**** “Fantastic and funny… you don’t need to be a ‘nerd’ to enjoy this show” Broadway Baby
**** “Gleefully geeky… impossible to resist, whatever your level of scientific knowledge” Edinburgh Reporter
Don’t forget to join our mailing list to hear about extra shows before anyone else.
Big Spoken Nerd Merch giveaway – T&Cs
This competition is now closed.
Here’s the Terms and Conditions for people who are into that sort of thing:
- This is a prize draw, open to individuals over 16 who pre-order ‘You Can’t Polish A Nerd’ show as either a download, DVD or floppy disk between 1st October 2018 and 23.59 GMT on 1st November 2018.
- The prize consists of a bundle of items from the Festival of the Spoken Nerd shop, including Full Frontal Nerdity and Just For Graphs signed DVDs, books, tote bags, badges and other Spoken Nerd merchandise.
- There are 5 bundles of items to be won. There is no cash alternative.
- Any pre-orders made through the Spoken Nerd Shop at shop.fotsn.com will be automatically entered in the prize draw.
- Any pre-orders made at other stores, including Amazon, Amazon Prime Video, iTunes, HMV and more, can also be entered into the prize draw. Email a copy of your order confirmation or receipt showing the pre-ordered item and purchase date & time to email@example.com
- The winners will be selected at random and notified by email.
- The prize bundles will be despatched within 14 days of the selection being made, on confirmation of postal address.
- A list of winners will be posted on our twitter feed @FOTSN and on our Facebook page facebook.com/FestivalOfTheSpokenNerd – and listed here: D Garrison, B Geiben, J Mabille, S Eisenreich, J Simonsson.