Series 2, Episode 11: LIVE AND KICKING PART 3
If you’re using the player above to listen to this episode, click here to open this page in a new browser window so you can visit the links below without losing your place.
Steve, Helen and Matt introduce the final installment of their live shows, performed at London’s Bloomsbury Theatre. With sets from astrophysicist and emo kid Jen Gupta, NATO alphabet innovator (in-NATO-vator) Ted Hill, stand-up medic Matt Hutchinson and Rock ‘n’ Roll IT consultants Foxdog Studios. Also contains extra details from Steve talking about tastebuds, and Helen singing about radioactive bananas:
- 01:29 – Steve’s bit
- 12:08 – Jen’s bit
- 21:32- Ted’s bit
- 27:26 – Foxdog Studio’s bit
- 31:14 – Matt H’s bit
- 38:43 – Helen’s bit
Scroll down for the full show notes…
We’d like to add a special thanks to everyone who made these live shows possible! Our co-producer Hana Ayoob; production assistant Nicole Jacobus; sound recordist Robert Wells; Chris, Lou, Ellen, Joan, Frank and all the team at Bloomsbury Theatre; and our series producer and editor for these episodes, Lyndsay Fenner. Plus every fantastic performer, and all the brilliant audience who turned up on both nights to holler, cheer and laugh. High fives to all of you!
If you’d like inbox updates about this podcast and our plans for future live shows, join our mailing list. If you’re into merch, DVDs, downloads or books check out the Spoken Nerd Shop. If songs are your thing, Helen has created a free album on Bandcamp with tracks from Series 1 and 2.
Corrections and clarifications:
- None… yet!
And here’s a heap of Unnecessary Detail from this episode:
- What DO protons taste like?
- Listen to Jen’s BBC Radio 4 series with Alice Fraser, Stranger Than Sci-Fi.
- And see highlights from her slide deck below.
- Watch Ted’s whole set about US presidents, making charts and the NATO alphabet on YouTube
- Check out Ted Hill’s website and his new comedy night about niche interests, Niche Humar.
- Explore the world of interactive live comedy, coding and sausage cannons that is Foxdog Studios.
- Visit some of Foxdog Studio’s One Hour Websites.
- See what else they get up to at home and on stage via the Foxdog Studios YouTube Channel.
- See Matt Hutchinson’s new show “Hostile” at 2Northdown near Kings Cross in London on 4th and 26th August 2022.
- Matt is on twitter too.
- Download a free live version of “What’s The Equivalent Of” aka The Banana Equivalent Dose Song from Bandcamp.
A Podcast Of Unnecessary Detail is part of the Acast Creator Network. Thanks for listening!